Too Decadent 3 layer
Heavens, this brownie recipe is rich, totally delicious and definitely naughty. This brownie is like a chocolate cake layered with hard chocolate then topped with a thick generous layer of soft frosting.
Three Layered Rich Brownie
This recipe is absolutely yummy!
This recipe makes 24 generous squares of this very rich brownie.
Ingredients For This Rich Brownie
Melt together butter, chocolate and sugar.
Combine till the mixture is thick and smooth.
Take it off the heat immediately when the solids have melted.
Pour in beaten egg
Combine till the mixture is thick and smooth
Tip in flour.
Then fold in gently using the edge of the wooden spoon to fold.
Bake for 20 minutes taking care not to over bake.
Allow to cool.
Pour over melted chocolate. Then add generous lashings of dark frosting.
Give it a rough texture as this will make the squares of brownie look richer.
3 Layered Chocolate Brownie Recipe
For The Brownies
• 5 1/2 oz/150gm good quality dark chocolate
• 5 1/2 oz/ 150 gm butter
• 1/3 cup soft brown sugar
• 1/3 up self raising flour
• 3 eggs, beaten
For The Chocolate Layers
• 8 oz/ 250gm good quality dark chocolate
• 8 oz/ 250 gm butter
• 8 oz/ 250 gm purchased chocolate frosting
• Preheat oven to 350F/ 180C
• Grease an oven proof rectangular dish
• Melt butter and choc together in a saucepan. Add sugar. Combine.
Take it off the heat immediately as soon as the solids have melted.
Continue to stir till well combined
• Stir in beaten eggs
• Fold in flour
• Pour into the greased oven proof rectangular dish
• Bake for 20 minutes. Do not overbake as the center is meant to be like undercooked cake.
• Using a spatula, scrape the slab of brownies away from the sides and gently lift the base all around to prevent it sticking to the dish. Allow to cool
Apply the Toppings
• In a sauce pan, melt together choc and butter
• As soon as it has melted, pour the melted mixture evenly over the cooked slab.
• Allow to cool completely.
• When cooled, top with generous lashings of purchased frosting. Swirl the topping so that it looks rough and uneven just like in the photo.
• Chill as desired.
• Cut into generous slices and enjoy!
Tips From Easy Recipes
- For this recipe, do not leave the chocolate to cook and melt for too long as it will then start to denature and look granulated. Leave it on the heat only just long enough to melt.
- If not using non-stick bakeware, be sure to grease the pan well.
- I make these in a glass oven proof shallow rectangular dish so that the slices can be served straight from the dish.
- Always remember to preheat the oven.
- Slice only when completely cool otherwise the brownies crumble into an untidy mess.
- Use a very sharp knife to slice into the hard and brittle layer of choc.
Easy Recipes | Easy Baking Recipes | Easy Brownie Recipes | Brownie Recipe