Mild curry recipes are a favorite in our home, so that no one suffers too much with burning tongues! The children love the variety with the exotic flavor and especially eating curries with Indian Naan bread.
More Easy Curry Recipes:
This incredibly simple to make tandoori beef curry is made in the slow cooker so all it takes is the less than 15 minutes to pop all the ingredients into the slow cooker.
This recipe serves 6 persons.
• 2 lb/1 kg cubed beef - use an inexpensive cut like gravy beef
• 1/2 jar/4 oz/100gm tandoori paste (for the right quantity, follow the instructions on the jar)
• 1 onion, diced
• 2 carrots, diced
• 1 cup liquid stock
• 2 tbs sugar
• salt and pepper to taste
• 2 tsp corn flour (optional)
Here's how you put it together:
• Pop all the ingredients except the corn flour, into the crock pot
• Combine well
• Cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 3 hours
• If the curry is too watery and the sauce is insufficiently thick, add the cornflour mixture an hour before serving. Dissolve the cornflour in a little water. Mix this into the curry. Cook for a further hour.
Serve with hot Indian Naan bread. We purchase this from the supermarket and reheat under the grill.
Slow cooking makes curries so very easy to prepare. This is a mild recipe which my family thoroughly enjoys.
If you want to extend the curry, add some diced potato.
Curries to go with bread need to have lots of thick sauce, so if you think the curry is too dry, add more water and then cornflour towards the end of the cooking.
If your family like a bit of a bite to their curry you could add a couple of diced hot chillies.