An Easy Appetizer Recipe
Bacon n' Egg Mini "Pies"
This easy appetizer recipe of little
"pielets" are just perfect for dinner parties. They look like delightful
egg and herb muffins with a rasher outer and taste fantastic.
Easy Appetizer "Pies"
Recipe Rating: Easy
Steps: 2 then into the oven
Serve one mini "pie" as an appetizer, or for a main meal allow
two or three per person, together with mashed potato or short pasta and
This easy appetizer recipe serves makes 12 mini "Pies".
If serving as a mains, it is lovely with simple buttered mash potato.
Bacon and Egg Mini "Pies"
For this recipe you'll need:
• 6 sheets of shoulder bacon, cut into half; or 12 bacon rashers, trimmed of fat and rind
• a good handful of fresh herbs. I use parsley and basil
• 6 eggs, beaten
• 1 cup milk
• 1/2 tbsp flour
• salt and a generous amount of pepper
• Preheat the oven to 360F/180C
• Line muffin trays with half a slice of shoulder bacon or a trimmed rasher. There's no need to be precious. Just plonk it in
• Scatter into each rasher lined muffin hollow, the herbs
• Beat eggs with milk, flour and seasonings to taste. Be sure there are no lumps of flour
• Pour egg mixture into each muffin hollow
• Bake for 20 - 25 minutes till each mini "pie" is nicely browned
Tips From Easy Recipes
You can serve these:
- as a winning appetizer, served on a bed of lettuce, rocket or baby spinach leaves
- for mains - two or three little "pies" resting on a bed of mashed potatoes and steamed green vegetables
- cold for lunch. It's ideal to pack as a school lunch
- cold as an after school snack
- on picnics
You'll work so much quicker with your recipes, with non-stick bake ware. I prefer flexible silicone bake ware so as to eliminate the process of
greasing and lining muffin trays. We have no time to waste, so, invest
in silicone kitchenware.
Grow your own herbs - they really add flavor to meals.
Home > Easy Party Recipes > Easy Appetizer Recipe