This easy peach cobbler recipe is incredibly simple to prepare. It ranks as one of our easiest of easy recipes. You'll find it takes just a few minutes to put together and then walk away while it bakes in the oven.
This recipe makes 6 - 8 serves.
Make the cobbler in an oven proof serving dish so that it goes straight from the oven to the table.
|• 4 oz/125 gm butter
• 1 cup self raising flour
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup milk
• pinch of salt
• 1 large can of sliced peaches
• Preheat oven to 360F/180C
• Melt butter and pour into the baking tin
• Mix together flour, sugar, salt and milk
• Pour the batter evenly over the melted butter. Do not mix
• Spoon the tinned sliced peaches including the peach juice over the batter
• Bake for 1 hour till the batter rises to the top and is golden brown
Now, wasn't that a super simple recipe and so incredibly delicious too!
Serve the peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream or thick whipped cream.
The trick to this recipe is not to mix and combine the ingredients. It is a layering of firstly the oil, then batter and topped with tinned peaches and the juice.
This recipe is best with tinned peaches, rather than fresh fruit.
Make variations to this cobbler recipe by substituting with other tinned fruit such as pineapple or plums.
Substitute a good quality vegetable oil such as rice bran oil in place of melted butter.