Homemade Bread Recipe
Hands-On Time: 10 - 15 Mins
Hands-Off Time: 35 Mins
This is my homemade bread recipe, made without butter and without yeast. Make this savory loaf by combining a good quality cooking oil with flour, then all the other ingredients.
It is ever so easy to make and the result is a healthy, tasty bread, ideal for snacks and for school lunches. Make this bread for picnics or to serve at brunch.
This recipe makes 2 loaves of no yeast bread.
This savory bread recipe is ideal for freezing.
• 3/4 cup rice bran oil
• 2 cups self raising flour
• 2 cups shredded (sharp tasting) cheese
• 2 apples,diced
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1 cup milk
• salt and pepper to taste
Here's how to put it together:
• Preheat the oven to 360F/180C
• Mix flour with the oil. Combine. It will look like clumps of dough
• Add all the other ingredients, leaving 1/2 cup of apple and 1/2 cup of cheese for the topping
• Spoon the batter into the non stick, silicone baking "tins". Otherwise, line and grease the loaf tins
• Top with the apple and cheese
• Bake for 35 minutes till golden brown
Look at this appetizing homemade recipe! Serve thickly sliced.
We love it with lashings of butter and for a healthy low fat preference, it is delicious with low fat cream cheese.