A Homemade Cake Recipe
Maple Syrup Apple Cake
This homemade cake recipe, an Upside Down Apple Cake was whipped up in a hurry as I needed a special treat in a flash for some builders who had done a terrific job for us that morning. The lads appreciated something homemade specially for them.
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Hands-Off Time: 30 minutes
Steps: 2 then bake
Our homemade moist upside down maple syrup apple cake
I based this recipe on the proportions of the No Fail Homemade Basic Butter Cake
and made variations to that recipe by layering apple and maple syrup in
As usual, I made two loaf cakes, one to give away as a gift and the other for the family.
And... as usual, this homemade recipe was a fabulous success!
Luscious Moist Homemade Cake Recipe
Maple Syrup Apple Cake
This scrumptious homemade recipe makes 1 large (23 cm/9 inch) round cake or 2 loaf cakes.
• 2 apples sliced thinly
• 4 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 block/8 oz/250gm butter
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 tbsp golden syrup
• 4 eggs, beaten
• 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
Here's what to do:
• Preheat oven at 360F/180C
• Pour maple syrup into the base of either one round silicone baking
"tin" or two silicone loaf "tins", so that the base is completely
• Attractively layer the apple slices on the base of the baking molds
• Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup in a large saucepan
• As soon as the butter melts, take it off the heat immediately. But
keep stirring till the sugar and butter mixture becomes thick
• Add beaten egg and combine
• Add flour and fold in gently till the batter is smooth
• Pour mixture into the silicone bake-ware
• Bake for 30 minutes till golden brown and the cake tester comes out "clean"
• Stand for 10 minutes in the bake-ware then place a serving plate over the cake
• Turn the baking "tin" upside down so that it drops onto the serving plate with the base now at the top
• You have an upside down cake
This is a glossy cake with the fruit layer now at the top... and it's super delicious.
Tips For Homemade Cake Success
- Use non-stick bakeware to save time so you don't have to line and grease the molds.
- After baking, to prevent the cake sticking to the pan while it cools, gently pull on
the sides of the bake ware to loosen the cake from the "tin".
- Always preheat the oven. The oven cavity should be at an even temperature before baking.
This, truly is a sensational recipe with the authentic
Master the homemade recipe for a No Fail Basic Butter Cake and
experiment with your own variations to create your own signature
Leave Homemade Cake Recipe to discover irresistible easy recipes to whip up!
Back To Easy Cake Recipes