This homemade cake recipe, an Upside Down Apple Cake was whipped up in a hurry as I needed a special treat in a flash for some builders who had done a terrific job for us that morning. The lads appreciated something homemade specially for them.
Our homemade moist upside down maple syrup apple cake
This scrumptious homemade recipe makes 1 large (23 cm/9 inch) round cake or 2 loaf cakes.
• 2 apples sliced thinly
• 4 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 block/8 oz/250gm butter
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 tbsp golden syrup
• 4 eggs, beaten
• 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
Here's what to do:
• Preheat oven at 360F/180C
• Pour maple syrup into the base of either one round silicone baking "tin" or two silicone loaf "tins", so that the base is completely covered
• Attractively layer the apple slices on the base of the baking molds
• Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup in a large saucepan
• As soon as the butter melts, take it off the heat immediately. But keep stirring till the sugar and butter mixture becomes thick
• Add beaten egg and combine
• Add flour and fold in gently till the batter is smooth
• Pour mixture into the silicone bake-ware
• Bake for 30 minutes till golden brown and the cake tester comes out "clean"
• Stand for 10 minutes in the bake-ware then place a serving plate over it
• Turn the baking "tin" upside down so that it drops onto the serving plate with the base now at the top
• You have an upside down cake
The result is glossy with the fruit layer now at the top... and it's super delicious.
This, truly is a sensational recipe with the authentic homemade touch! Master the homemade recipe for a No Fail Basic Butter Cake and experiment with your own variations to create your own signature recipe.
I based this recipe on the proportions of the No Fail Homemade Basic Butter Cake
and made variations to that recipe by layering apple and maple syrup in
As usual, I made two loaf cakes, one to give away as a gift and the other for the family.
And... as usual, this homemade recipe was a fabulous success!