Homemade cookie recipes don't get easier and quicker than these honey cookies.
This homemade cookie recipe makes 40 sensational yummies.
|• 1 block/8 oz/250gm butter
• 1 cup honey
• 2 1/2 cups plain flour
• 1 tsp powdered ginger or mixed spice
• Preheat oven to 350F/180C
• Melt butter and honey in a saucepan over moderate heat. Combine well
• Take it off the heat as soon as the butter has melted.
• Add in flour and spices. Combine well till smooth
• Use a dessert spoon and spoon drops of batter onto greased baking trays. Be sure to leave sufficient room for them to spread
||Bake for 10 minutes
Now, wasn't that truly one of the simplest of easy recipes!
You can make the cookie drops smaller and flatter so that the result is thinner, much like brandy snaps.
Alternatively if you prefer them chewy and "meaty", make the drops larger. The result is a thicker cookie.
Flatten them a little when spooning them onto the cookie sheet, so that they're an even thickness.
I recommend the use of non-stick cookie sheets so as to minimize work. Otherwise be certain to line the cookie tray with baking paper and be sure to grease it well.