Carol shares her sensational and super simple homemade ice cream recipes.
She tells us the secret to her tropical ice cream recipes is to use strong tasting fruit such as ripe mango and not to "mush" it up too finely so that there is still some texture when served.
|• 2 quarts/2 liters store bought vanilla ice cream
• 16 oz/500gm strong tasting fruit of your choice
• Remove the ice cream from the freezer and leave at room temperature for half an hour or so, to allow it to melt a little. It will then be easier to work with
• Select strong tasting fruit such as tropical fruits like bananas, Indian Mangoes or Asian Durians
• Pop all the ingredients into a mixing bowl. Using a hand held blender mix the fruit into the ice cream but take care to retain some chunks to give the ice cream some texture
• Put the mixture back into the ice cream container
• Freeze for at least 3 hours