Jamie Oliver Recipe For Chicken
Chicken Agro Dolce
This wonderful Jamie Oliver Recipe for chicken has a delicate balance of sweet and sour flavors. I've adapted his recipe "Pot Roasted Poussins Agro Dolce" and substituted chicken thigh fillets which are readily available in our local supermarket.
The flavors are delicious!
Pot Roasted Tenderloins Agro Dolce
A Jamie Oliver Recipe For Chicken
- 8 chicken thigh fillets
- 1 orange, cut into chunks
- 1 tbs dried rosemary
- 2 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced finely
- 2 onions, diced finely
- 2 sticks of celery, diced finely
- 1 x 280 gm/ 8 oz jar of sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 3 cups of red wine
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup of sultanas
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 4 slices of bacon, with the rind and fat removed
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C
- Heat the oil till it just starts to smoke and brown the chicken fillets, then remove them from the pan onto the oven-proof dish.
- Sprinke rosemary and cinnamon over the browned chicken fillets and tuck the orange pieces under the meat.
- (In the Jamie Oliver recipe, he tucks sprigs of rosemary and sticks of cinnamon together with the orange pieces into the poussins or little chickens)
- In the pan and using a little of the oil from the sundried tomatoes cook the onion, garlic and celery together till the vegetables are soft.
- Toss in the slices of sun dried tomatoes, without the oil.
- (The Jamie Oliver recipe instructs for the drained sun dried tomatoes to be mooshed up in the food processor with the red wine)
- Turn up the heat and add the red wine vinegar with the red wine and bring to the boil, cooking till the sauce has reduced a little. Toss in the sultanas.
- Pour this sauce over the chicken fillets, cover with bacon slices and scatter over the whole almonds.
- (The Jamie Oliver recipe uses pancetta and pinenuts - but I can't bear the fat on pancetta)
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes till the bacon is crisp and golden.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe comes from page 189 of the Jamie Oliver Cookbook, "Cook With Jamie".
While the proportions are the same, I've modified his recipe somewhat, substituting:
- Poussins for chicken thigh fillets, as this is readily available in my local Woolies
- pancetta for middle rasher bacon without any fat or rind, in an attempt to be healthy
- pinenuts for almonds, because that was in my pantry
- sticks of cinnamon for ground cinnamon
- and I've modified the steps to make it a super easy recipe.
I served this sensational Jamie Oliver Recipe with creamy potatoes roasted in garlic and rosemary, another of my incredibly easy and healthy recipes and ever so tasty!
Enjoy this easy healthy meal, it's simply delicious!
Now, if you'd like to see my step by step photos of how I made this Jamie inspired chicken meal and I cheated to make it easy, click on this link to take you to this easy healthy recipe.