This easy potato recipe is a one pot meal that is ever so easy to prepare. Not only is this super easy, but it is also one of our cheap quick easy dinner recipe and ideal as an inexpensive meal.
It takes just two steps, firstly cook the potatoes, then add the other ingredients and allow to set.
Cut into generous thick slices and serve with pasta or mashed potato. It's delicious!
Tip: Slice Chorizo Thinly
Step 1 : Cook the potato and onion till soft.
Add a little water and cover the pan
Optional : If you'd like to add mushrooms,
move the potatoes to the side and cook the mushrooms separately
Step 2: Pour over beaten eggs and shredded cheese
Top with peas
Let it set on slow heat for 20 minutes
The omelet is beautifully set
|• 5 medium size potatoes, diced small
• 2 chorizo, sliced thinly
• 8 eggs, beaten
• 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
• 1 cup frozen peas
• 10 mushrooms, sliced (optional)
• In an electric frypan on moderate heat, cook finely diced potatoes with a quarter cup of water
• Season with salt and pepper
• When the potatoes are cooked, add the sliced chorizo and cook for a few minutes
• If you are adding mushrooms, move the potato and chorizo to one side of the pan and cook mushrooms till cooked. Do not add seasoning till cooked.
• Combine well. Pour in beaten egg
• Lower heat to slow heat so that the omelet sets without burning.
• Sprinkle over shredded cheese then frozen peas
• Leave it to cook and set. This will take about 15 minutes.