Easy Ground Beef Recipes
The secret to sensational easy ground beef recipes is to select
ground beef from premium cuts of beef. You will pay more, but it is
false economy to buy the least expensive ground beef - you'll be paying
for mostly fat and gristle.
Here are more tasty and incredibly easy recipes with ground beef.
You might like to try these tasty easy recipes. They're yummy!
It's best to pay a little more for premium ground beef, as not only is there much less fat, but you're getting more protein rather than fat, for your dollar. Your meal will go a longer way with better quality ground beef.
Ground beef is called mince beef in UK and in Australia. Use these recipes in the same manner.
Annecy France Market Stall - Sausages Made From Ground Meat
Meat Balls Stroganoff
This simplest of easy ground beef recipes, our dish of meat balls with
tinned mushrooms and sour cream makes 8 generous servings.
Suitable for freezing.
For the Meat Balls:
• 40 small purchased meat balls, or if you'd like to make them here are the ingredients
• 2 pounds/1 kg premium ground beef
• 1 large onion, diced
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (store bought)
• salt, pepper, a little sugar, to suit your taste
To make the meat balls,
• Mix all the ingredients together
• The mixture binds together.
• Use a spoon to shape balls. These should make 24 medium or 40 small sized meat balls.
Cook The Meat Balls And Sauce
• 2 1/2 cups of beef gravy
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 2 tins (2 x 7oz/ 2 x 200gm) of butter mushrooms
Here's how to make it:
• Make the gravy according to packet instructions. Alternatively, make up 2 1/2 cups of beef stock with stock cubes
• In a very hot non stick fry pan, brown the meat balls. To save time, cook this quantity altogether. Use an electric fry pan
• Turn heat to moderate.
• Pour in gravy, cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
• Add in mushrooms and sour cream. Heat it through, but don't boil it
Serve meat balls in mushroom sauce with cooked short pasta.
Tips From Easy Recipes
- Save yourself the trouble of making the meatballs and purchase them from
the supermarket. Then, just brown the meat and make the sauce.
- Here are some adjustments you may need to make for easy ground beef recipes:
If your mince mixture is too "wet", add a little plain flour and combine.
If the mixture is too "dry" and not clumping together, add just a little milk and combine.
- To reheat as a "refreshed" leftovers meal, add cooked pasta, frozen peas and carrots. Heat it through and serve.