Pumpkin Pound Cake
You'll love this pumpkin pound cake! It's another of our incredibly easy recipes where you just throw all the ingredients in a pot and it comes out just divine!
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Hands-Off Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Steps: 1 then bake
Ingredients for a Pumpkin Pound Cake
- Equipment: 9 inch flexible silicone cake mould
- Self raising flour
- Bicarbonate of soda
- Nutmeg (optional)
This recipe is very simple. All that you need to do is melt the butter in a saucepan with the sugar, then when thick, toss in all the other ingredients.
It really is as simple to make as that!
... and this easy recipe turns out the most delicious, moist pound cake.
If you'd like to follow the step by step photos to see what each stage of the process looks like just click on the button:
This Cake Goes Perfectly With:
We enjoyed a roast dinner and had this moist pumpkin pound cake for dessert drizzled over with thickened cream. Care to try a moist roast lamb dinner? The key is to keep the roast moist, but don't worry, we'll tell you how.
This recipe makes 10 - 12 generous slices.
- A 9 inch flexible silicone cake mould
|• 8 oz/250 gm butter
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 4 eggs, beaten
• 1 1/2 cups very tender pumpkin, stewed from 400 grams of fresh pumpkin
• 2 cups self raising flour
• 1 heaped ts Bicarbonate of Soda
• 1/4 ts salt
• 1/2 cup cream
• Preheat oven to 350F/180C
• Melt butter in a roomy saucepan, together with sugar
• Mix till combined. Take the pan off the heat as soon as the butter has melted. Keep stirring till the mixture is thick and smooth
• Add all the other ingredients. Combine till the batter is smooth. The very tender pumpkin will break up and blend into the batter. Some pieces will still hold their form, don't break it up, as the texture adds character
• Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes
• The cake is cooked when the cake tester or skewer comes out clean
• Run a butter knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the pound cake from the mold and allow it to cool on a cake rack.
Enjoy this pound cake drizzled over with thickened cream. This pound cake is sensationally delicious!
Easy Recipes Tips
If you enjoy spices, add a 1/4 ts of nutmeg to the pound cake batter.
Leave Pumpkin Pound Cake and discover loads of recipes with simple step by step photo instruction such as this.