The Best Roast Vegetables Fritata
This best and healthy Roast Vegetables Fritata is made from a delicious combination of flavorsome vegetables in a thick savory egg mixture and baked till set. It's super healthy, delicious and so easy to prepare. It comes from our collection of easy healthy recipes.
The Best Roast Vegetables & Bacon Fritata
- 4 rashers of bacon, rind and fat removed, diced
- 2 onions, diced finely
- 2 sticks of celery, diced small
- 2 small sweet potatoes chopped into small cubes
- 4 cubes of Feta cheese and 1 tbs of the oil
- 1 generous tbs of dried rosemary
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup low fat cream cheese
- 2 stock cubes
- 2 heaped tb self raising flour
Here's how to put it together:
- Preheat oven to 390F/200C
- Toss all the diced vegetables and bacon into a large casserole or oven-proof dish
- Crumble the Feta cheese over and mix in the oil from the cheese.
- Scatter over the rosemary
- Be sure the vegetables are thoroughly coated with the oil and herbs.
- Roast the vegetables for 40 minutes till the sweet potato is cooked. Add a little more oil and stir to combine and leave to roast for another few minutes, if the vegetables are still too hard.
- When the roast vegetables are ready, remove them from the oven and prepare the egg mixture
- Spoon in the cream cheese. I soften it firstly using a fork to "moosh" it to get it a little runny
- Crumble over the stock cubes and 2 tbs of self raising flour and combine
- Beat the eggs with 6 half egg shells of water. Pour over the vegetables mixture
- Put it back in the oven to roast for another 30 minutes till the egg custard is set.
While this recipe is very simple, if you are new to cooking and would like to view the step by step photo tutorial, just click on the button:
We love this easy healthy fritata!
Egg dishes are tasty and nutritious and this recipe is packed with fiber and vitamins from the wonderfully yummy roasted vegetables.
The depth of flavor in the fritata comes from the Feta Cheese and is oil as well as from the herbs.
To make this a vegetarian fritata, substitute 1 cup of crumbled Feta Cheese in place of the bacon pieces.
Leave Roast Vegetables Fritata to be inspired by hundreds of delicious easy healthly recipes