Home > Cheap Quick & Easy Recipes > Economical Tuna Pasta Casserole
Easy Casserole Recipes
|Just Add||Cook Pasta|
|• 1/2 lb/250 gm either short pasta or spaghetti
• lots of water
• Run lots of water into a pasta saucepan. Salt the water
• Bring to boil and gently add pasta.
• Keep boiling rapidly. Cook till al-dente. This means it still has a crunch on the inside, but soft on the outside.
• Drain and keep aside
|Just Add||Cook White Sauce|
|• a generous knob of butter
• l green pepper, diced
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
• 1/2 cup flour
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 tspn paprika
• 5 cups milk
• 2 cups shredded tasty cheese
• Preheat oven to 400F/200C
• Saute vegetables with the knob of butter in a saucepan.
• Add seasonings and flour. Stir till smooth
• Add in all the milk. Keep stirring till the milk mixture thickens.
• Add cheese and cook till melted
• 2 x 8 oz can tuna
• Topping - another knob of butter
• 1 cup breadcrumbs
• Drain tuna. Place in greased casserole dish
• Add cooked pasta to the casserole
• Pour in white sauce. Combine gently
• In a sauce pan, melt the extra knob of butter
• Add breadcrumbs and cook for a few minutes
• Spread breadcrumb mixture as a topping over the casserole
• Bake for 25 minutes till the breadcrumbs are golden brown
Now, wasn't that just the simplest of easy casserole recipes?
Once you've mastered white sauce, you can use it in lots of recipes including lasagna.
Not only is it a wholesome filling meal, but this dish does not cost the earth.
Now, how easy was that!
Use a non-stick fry pan so as to avoid using oil in your cooking.
Wishing you happy cooking!
Top of Page Easy Casserole Recipes
Economical Tuna Pasta Casserole
Go To: Easy Pasta Recipes