For extremely easy soup recipes, you cannot go past these super easy soups.
This recipe makes enough for 10 generous servings.
Step 1 - Put veg and water in the pot and boil
Step 2 - Mash, season, add cream
|• 1 pumpkin about 1.5 kg
• 4 sticks of celery
• 1 ltr of water
• 3 chicken stock cubes
• 300 ml sour cream
|• Cut up pumpkin into chunky cubes, put into soup pot
• Cut up celery into small pieces, put into the soup pot.
• Add water so that it doesn't quite cover the vegetables.
• Boil on high for 1/2 hour till vegies are soft.
• Use a potato masher and mash up the cooked vegies in the soup pot.
• Add stock cubes, cook for a further 10 minutes.
• Pour sour cream into the soup and mix well.
• Taste - add salt, pepper, sugar to suit your taste.
The soup is delicious with warm crusty bread.
When cutting up the celery, cut it up finer so that the celery fibres are short.
I use a potato masher to mash up the soup.
For a healthier alternative, replace sour cream with low fat cream cheese.
When serving this delicious soup for your dinner parties, serve it in your best crockery, with a swirl of cream and a little sprinkle of chives.
This easy soup recipe is not just tasty, it's delicious!
Try my friend Lesley's easy pumpkin recipes
. She has easy recipes for pumpkin pie, risotto, butter and all things yummy to do with this versatile fruit.