Easy Potato Soup Recipe
This recipe serves 6 persons.
Serve with warm crunchy buttered bread.
|• 1 onion, diced
• 6 large potatoes, washed and diced
• 4 cups of water
• 2 tspn chicken stock powder
• 1 tspn cumin
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 packet frozen spinach
• Into a hot soup pan, saute onions and potato till soft
• Add in water, stock cubes and seasonings
• Boil on high for 5 minutes. Turn heat down to simmer for a further 15 minutes till the potato is soft and cooked
• Add spinach and cook for 5 minutes
• Take the soup off the heat and using a masher, mash the potato and spinach till it is well blended. Use an electric blender, if you so choose
• Stir in a dollop of sour cream and serve hot
This is such an easy potato soup recipe.
You can of course, omit the spinach from this recipe.
Now, how easy was that!
It is not necessary to use the electric blender to mash the potatoes as it should be very soft already. The potato masher will do just as well.
Try our other homemade soup recipes:
Wishing you happy cooking!
Easy Recipes For Families
For more Quick Easy Recipes:
Top of Page Easy Potato Soup Recipe
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.