We all love an easy minestrone soup recipe, as it is hearty, filling and always reliably consumed with relish.
For winter dinner parties, I make this recipe from fresh chicken stock (It is very easy) and add the
traditional minestrone ingredients, although the heartiness is toned down.
Serve the soup in your best table ware with delicious homemade bread and you've got yourself a winner.
Easy Minestrone Soup
This recipe serves 6 persons.
• 4 cups of chicken broth
• 1/2 can red kidney beans
• 1/2 stick celery, diced finely
• 1/2 onion, diced finely
• 1 potato, diced finely
• 1 cup water
• salt and pepper to taste
• Shredded Parmesan cheese
• Pour the pre-made chicken broth into a soup pot
• Add in all the ingredients
• Bring to the boil
• Reduce heat and simmer for half an hour so that the vegetables are cooked but not soggy
• Serve in your fine china topped with shredded Parmesan cheese
• Garnish with parsley if you have some.
• You can make your own chicken stock
Bring to boil a chicken carcass, with chopped celery, onion and carrots and 6 cups of water. This makes about 5 cups of broth. This is pure goodness and is the basis of all good soups.
• For entertaining, make the soup less hearty
Doesn't this soup look divine? This not-so-rustic minestrone soup is ideal for dinner parties in winter when a hot, tasty, filling soup is welcome. You'll notice this recipe has fewer beans and potatoes, but still tastes sensational.
The traditional recipe calls for the addition of short pasta, but this has been omitted - it's just too hearty when entertaining.
• Don't overcook
Don't over cook the vegetables as the veg should still be firm when served.
Homemade Bread Recipes - Cheese and Olive Bread
Easy Recipes > Easy Soups > Easy Minestrone Soup Recipe