Easy Quiche Lorraine
One of my easy quiche recipes is this easy Quiche Lorraine. Quiches are open pies with a savory egg filling.
Quiches are great if you enjoy pies but want to lose a little weight. By omitting a pastry top, you do consume fewer calories.
This is such an easy recipe to make. All it takes is to bake the pie crust, cook the filling and bake the savory filling.
A quiche is lovely for brunch or lunch with a crunchy salad.
Step 1 - Line pie dish with pastry
Step 2 - Put ingredients into pastry
Step 3 - Pour in beaten egg and bake
• 1 sheet of short crust pastry
• egg white wash (optional)
• 2 bacon rashers, trimmed of fat and rind, diced
• 1/2 onion, diced finely
• 1/4 cup shredded tasty cheese
• salt, pepper, nutmeg (optional)
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C
• Line a non-stick pie tin with the pastry
• Bake blind, with baking beans, for 20 minutes
• In the meantime, cook the bacon and onions
• When the pie crust is baked, cool a little and brush with a little egg
white to seal it (Optional, but this stops the pie crust from going
• Spoon the cooked bacon and onion mixture into the pie crust. Spread cheese over the top
• Beat eggs with milk and season to taste
• Pour the egg mixture over the filling
• Turn the oven temperature down to 360F/180C and bake for 40 minutes
Tips From Easy Recipes
Use non-stick bake ware to eliminate the step of greasing and lining your baking tins.
Brushing the baked pie crust with egg white seals the pastry to stop it getting soft when baked with the custard
Add some diced spring onions for color and a stronger flavor
Now, wasn't this Quiche Lorraine just the simplest of easy quiche recipes?