|• 1 lb/500g gravy beef
• 1 onion
• 2 sticks celery
• 1/2 cabbage, cut into thick wedges (like cutting a pie)
• 2 tbsp chicken stock powder
• 2 tbs tomato puree
• 2 ts seeded mustard
• 1 cup water
• salt and pepper to taste
• Place the water and seasonings in the pot and combine well
• Add the meat. Coat it with the marinade
• Lay the wedges of cabbage on top. Don't mix it as you want to serve the cabbage in wedges, so try not to break it up
• Cook on low for at least 5 hours
Budget homemade meals such as this are healthy, tasty, filling and so good for the family.
Now, how easy was that!
Select cuts of meat that are suitable for slow cooking. Gravy beef is a cut that remains tender and moist. It deliciously falls apart after hours of being in the crock pot.
Wishing you happy cooking!
Meals In A Flash!
Top of Page Homemade Recipes
Budget Tender Beef n Cabbage
Return to: [Home] Slow Cooker Recipes] [Easy Ground Beef Recipes]
Also Recommended: [Site Map] [Easy Dessert Recipes] [Easy Dinners]