This easy moist banana cake recipe is just the thing for a healthy, simple snack after school, or to whip up when you're expecting friends over for coffee. There's nothing quite like a cake that your family loves and that can be whipped up in 15 minutes.
This Banana Afternoon Treat Will Be Consumed In One Sitting
|• 7 fl oz/ 200ml sunflower or rice bran oil
• 1 cup sugar
• 4 eggs, beaten
• 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
• 2 ripe banana, mashed
• Preheat oven at 340F/170C
• Pour oil into a mixing bowl. Combine the sugar until the mixture looks thick. This only takes a few minutes
• Add in beaten eggs and combine well
• Add in the mashed banana, combine well
• Fold in flour till the batter is smooth, then pour into a baking "tin". I only ever use silicone non-stick bake-ware.
• Bake in a moderate oven, for 40 minutes till golden brown
• Take it out of the oven immediately and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
• If you are icing or frosting the cake, allow it to cool completely firstly