Curry recipies can be so unusual yet yummy. We were at Ray's ski lodge at Mt Hotham and he made this incredibly easy pumpkin curry recipe in no time at all, from ingredients available in any supermarket.
|• 1/2 pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2" square chunks
• 1 onion, diced finely
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1 heaped tbs brown sugar
• 1 heaped tbs curry powder
• 1 tsp cumin
• 2 tbs soy sauce
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 cup vegetable stock liquid
• 2 tbs fish sauce
• 1 cup sour cream (Optional)
• In a hot non stick heavy saucepan, fry onions, garlic, curry powder and cumin till the onions are soft and the curry fragrant. Add a little water or oil if the curry powder is sticking to the pan
• Toss in all the other ingredients and seasoning. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to simmer
• Cook till the pumpkin is soft.
• Optional - Ray does not add sour cream, but I do. If you wish, stir through the sour cream when the meal is just about ready to be served. I find it makes the curry creamy and adds depth to the flavor.