|• 16 oz/ 500 gm good quality dark chocolate
• 11 oz/325 gm can of condensed milk
• 2 cups cereal (Just Right, Cornflakes, Weetbix)
• 10 plain sweet biscuits, broken and crushed
• 1/2 cup cocoa powder
• 2 cups dessicated coconut
• 1 cup rum
• Into a large pot (I use a soup pot) place the chocolate to melt on moderate heat
• Once it is melted, take it off the heat immediately.
• Add all the ingredients and combine well. Use your fingers to crush up the biscuits. It just needs to be broken into tiny pieces but it is not necessary to crush them into fine "dust".
• Spoon into a rectangular serving platter and firmly press it down
• Use a knife to cut the squares in the fudge before refrigeration
• Refrigerate for at least 2 hours
We enjoy this fudge with coffee as a treat after dinner.
Now, how easy was that!
Instead of setting the fudge in a baking tin, use a serving plate so that it can be served directly onto the table.
If you think the mixture needs a little liquid to soften it, use a fruit juice or add more liquor.
Substitute sherry for rum if you choose. Frangelico is also a delicious liqueur.
For more easy dessert recipes:
Index to our easy desserts
All our dinner ideas are located in this easy index:
All Dinner Ideas
For more easy dinner recipes:
At the bottom of this page on the best roast pork ever, is a list of easy dinner recipes
Wishing you happy cooking!
For more Quick Easy Recipes:
Top of Page Easy Fudge Recipe
Chocolate Pina Colada Fudge