Looking for easy strawberry jam recipes? This one is a family favorite and we make it when there is a glut of strawberries.
|• 1 pound/500 gm strawberries
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 tbsp gelatin
• 1 oz/ 30 gm butter
• 1 tbs lemon juice
• a little pinch of salt
• Remove strawberry stem and cut the fruit into small pieces. Be sure to leave some aside cut into half or leave whole
• Place fruit and sugar into a heavy based saucepan
• Bring to the boil, then lower heat till the mixture is on a roiling boil. Stir to combine well
• Dissolve gelatin in a little hot water and add to the jam.
• Add all the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine well
• Leave to simmer for a few minutes till the jam becomes a bright red in color and is a thick texture