Our homemade steak sauce recipe is a really easy and tasty mushroom sauce. Just saute mushrooms and flavor the sauce with vinaigrette and seeded mustard. Yumm…it's quite delicious!
Serve the sauce on grilled steak, baked potatoes and delicious crisp greens.
If you'd like to go straight to Mushroom Steak Sauce, just click here.
This is such an easy and delicious steak sauce that can be whipped up well before the meal and reheated before serving.
Step 1 - Saute mushrooms
Step 2 - Add all remaining ingredients
The secret to a good mushroom sauce is to cook the mushrooms firstly before adding any seasoning. If the seasoning is added too early, the mushrooms sweat and the sauce is just too watery.
|• 1 lb/ 500 gm mushrooms sliced
• 1 1/2 oz /50 gm butter
• 3 tbs red wine vinegar
• 4 tsp seeded mustard or dijon mustard
• 1 cup beef stock
• 1 tbs plain flour
• 1/2 cup spring onions, chopped finely
• Melt butter and fry sliced mushrooms till cooked
• Pour in red wine vinegar into the hot pan. It should sizzle loudly
• Add the mustard and cook for a few minutes
• Add beef stock. Bring to the boil then reduce heat
• Add flour, stir till smooth and simmer till thick
• Stir through finely chopped spring onions