Chocolate Brownie Recipe
This chocolate brownie recipe which results in a dependably
moist brownie is a recipe that our family's been using for years and prepared
in the usual traditional way, that is, it requires the creaming of butter and sugar.
• 8oz/250 gm butter
• 2 cups sugar
• 6 eggs, beaten
• 1 cup drinking cocoa powder
• 3/4 block/ 6 1/2 oz/ 180 gm chocolate, broken into small pieces
• 1 1/2 cup plain flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• pinch of salt
• Preheat oven to 360F/180C, so that the oven cavity is an even temperature before baking.
• Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy
• Add beaten eggs and combine
• Add the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and chocolate pieces
• Pour into non-stick square baking pan
• Bake for 25 minutes until firm but moist. Don't over cook the brownie
• Leave it to cool on a wire rack
• When completely cool, dust with icing sugar or cocoa powder
• As an alternative spread chocolate frosting
Tips From Easy Recipes
- For this recipe, to make the process of creaming butter and sugar easier, cut butter into little squares firstly.
- Creaming means beating the butter and sugar together. The traditional method used by our grandmothers was beating with a wooden spoon in a large heavy bowl. If you have a cake mixer, use this.
- Never overwork the mixture. As soon as the combined butter and sugar mixture looks light and fluffy, proceed to the next step.
- Likewise, there is no need to over-fold the flour into the batter. Once gently incorporated, pour into the baking molds.
- The secret to an easy brownie recipe is to leave the slab till it has cooled completely. If cut while warm, it tends to crumble.
Easy Recipes | Easy Baking | Easy Brownie Recipes | Chocolate Brownie Recipe