This super easy apple pie recipe is a 4 ingredient recipe - store bought puff pastry, tinned pie apple, caster sugar and egg for the egg wash. We make the pastry into turnovers or small round pies. It really makes a quick, simple tasty snacks to have available for the kids.
|• 6 sheets of store bought puff pastry
• 1 tin/ 7 oz/ 200 gm pie apple
• 6 tbsp sugar
• 1 egg, beaten
• Preheat oven at 390F/200C
• Cut each sheet of pastry into 4 squares. Or, if you wish cut circles of 5 inch diameter, using a small saucer as a template. The 6 sheets of pastry will make up just 8 circles altogether.
• Place some of the pie apple in the middle of the of the square. Make a little mound.
• Sprinkle over with sugar
• Moisten the edges with a little water and fold over so that it forms a triangle. Seal the edges with your fingers or fork tines. Cut little slits in the top to allow heat to escape. Decorate with tiny pastry balls or leaves as you wish
• Brush beaten egg all over the dough. This makes it brown beautifully. Sprinkle some more sugar over the top
|Bake for 30 minutes till golden brown|