Here is one of my easy candy recipes made with no fat or shortening. As you'd know the conventional basis of a coconut candy recipe is copha or vegetable shortening, sugar and coconut. This recipe omits the shortening so as to reduce the consumption of cholesterol.
No Bake No Copha Coconut Ice
Easy Candy Recipes
Coconut Candy Ingredients
|• 5 1/2 oz/ 150 gm icing sugar
• 7 oz/200gm dessicated coconut. This is flesh from inside the nut that is dried and finely grated
• 7 oz/200gm condensed milk
• 1/2 tsp lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp vanilla
• 2 drops red coloring
• Combine all the ingredients, except the red coloring
• Spoon one half of the mixture into a rectangular container. Press down firmly with a wooden spoon.
• To the other half in the mixing bowl, add 2 drops of cochineal or red coloring. Combine well. It becomes pink in color
• Gently spoon this pink mixture over the white layer in the container. Even out the layer
• Refrigerate for at least 2 hours