I like this honey cake recipe because all the ingredients are natural and there's very little processing.
We like the subtle flavor of wild flower honey so that's the preferred honey we use in this recipe.
This recipe for honey cake serves 6 - 8 persons.
This sweet recipe contrasts beautifully with tart fruit such as strawberries and kiwi fruit.
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1 heaped tbs sugar
• 1/2 cup/4oz/125ml honey
• 3 tbs plain flour
• 1 tbs lemon juice (from bottled juice)
• 2 cups/16oz/500gm ricotta cheese
• 2 tbs rum
• Preheat oven to 360F/180C
• Beat eggs in your mixing bowl. Add sugar and combine
• Add in flour and combine till there are no lumps
• Add in the remaining ingredients
• Combine well till the cheese is no longer lumpy
• Pour batter into a round silicone baking tray
• Bake for 30 minutes till just golden
• Allow to cool
Serve cooled with a sprinkling of cinnamon over the top.
We serve this with fresh tart fruit like kiwi and strawberries with ice cream.
Now, wasn't this just, the simplest recipe!
When cooking rum seems to retain its liquor flavor, more so than brandy.
Use purchased lemon juice, from the supermarket.
Using silicone baking trays means there's no fuss in having to grease and line baking trays.
If you don't have sufficient ricotta cheese, top up with cream cheese
I hope you too will enjoy this scrumptious recipe for a honey cake. Benefits of Honey
has more mouthwatering honey recipes for you to try. Did you know honey is not just a sweetener, it is a medicinal and nutritional food and has anti-cancer properties. There's some very interesting information about honey vs sugar.