Easy Recipes For Chicken
Healthy One Pot Chicken Marengo
This has to be the simplest of easy recipes for chicken. This Chicken
Marengo, a one pot meal, is made with red wine vinegar and maple syrup, tinned
tomatoes and zucchini. It's so healthy and tasty your family is certain to come running back for
Easy Chicken Marengo
This recipe serves 6 - 8 persons.
Serve with fluffy white rice.
• 2 lb/1 kg chicken thigh meat, cut into chunks
• 2 tbsp flour
• 2 tsp stock powder
• 1 tin/14oz/400 gm diced tomatoes
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• 2 zucchini, sliced
Here's how to put this together:
• Into a hot non-stick saucepan, brown the meat meat. If you don't have a non-stick pan, heat a tablespoon of oil before browning the meat
• Add flour and stock powder, cook for a couple of minutes
• Pour in can of tomatoes, water, red wine vinegar and maple syrup. Combine and cook for 5 minutes on high
• Turn down heat to simmer. Cook for a further 10 minutes for the sauce to thicken
• Lastly add the vegetables and cook for 5 - 10 minutes till zucchini is cooked
Now, wasn't that the simplest of easy recipes for chicken? It's healthy, quick, tasty and done in 20 minutes as a one pot meal.
Tips From Easy Recipes
Use a non-stick sauce pan so as to avoid using oil in your cooking.
purchase pieces of chicken thigh meat that are already skinned with
bone removed and fat trimmed off. This saves so much time in
For meat to brown, it must be dry. Pat it down with kitchen paper before popping it into the sauce pan to brown.
the rice onto cook in the rice cooker just before cooking the chicken.
The rice will be ready just as your meal has finished cooking.
Leave easy recipes for chicken to browse through hundreds of delicious easy healthy recipes!