Christmas fruit salad recipes look sensational served in a waffle cone like a cornucopia.
• 6 oranges
• 1 can of pineapple rings (10 slices),
• 1 pound of seedless green grapes
• 6 kiwi fruit
• 1/2 pound blueberries
• 1/4 pound strawberries
• 1/4 pound cranberries
• 1 pound cherries
• Optional: Waffle cups or mini waffle cones or ice cream cones
• Select only the best quality fruit for use in this special festive Christmas fruit salad
• Oranges - remove skin, cut into large chunks
• Kiwi - select firm ripe kiwi - remove skin, cut into quarters
• Canned pineapple - drain the juice, cut the slices into quarters
• Strawberries - wash but do not hull. Select small sweet ones as these will go into the salad whole
• Cranberries - wash and tear off little bunches. For tiny fruit like this, it's best to keep them in clusters.
• Wash and drain well the grapes, cherries and berries. Toss into the salad bowl only when the fruit is dry
• Toss all the washed and cut ingredients into a lovely deep salad bowl taking care not to include the juices
• Optional: To serve, spoon a quantity into a mini waffle or ice cream cone so that it looks like a cornucopia spilling with colorful harvest. To prevent sogginess, you may want to coat the inside of the cone with chocolate. You could apply a dusting of crushed nuts or mini marshmallows.