For the easiest ever Christmas pudding recipe, make this incredibly simple Ice Cream Christmas Pudding.
But, like all good puddings, the fruit has to be soaked some days ahead.
• 1 pound/500 grams mixture of raisins, currants, sultanas
• 1/4 pound glace cherries
• 1 cup rum
• 1 cup sweet sherry
• 1/2 gallon/ 1.9 liters vanilla ice cream
• Soak all the dried ingredients in the liqueur a week before making the pudding
• To easily make this Christmas recipe, thaw the ice cream to soften for at least 1/2 hour
• Tip all the soaked ingredients into a large mixing bowl. It should now be full and fat and there should be no excess fluid in the soaking bowl
• Tip in all the softened ice cream. Combine thoroughly. You'll find the softer it is, the easier it will be to mix through all the fruit
• Spoon into a non-stick, silicone bunt mold
• Freeze overnight, but at least 4 hours
• To serve, upturn the pudding onto a lovely platter.