This incredibly easy chocolate cake recipe looks sensational and yet it is one of our simplest in our collection of easy recipes.
It's so simple and always successful, that I make this at our ski lodge.
Moist Easy Chocolate Cake
|• 8 oz/250 gm butter
• 2 cups dark brown sugar
• 300 gm/1 large block of chocolate
• Turn oven on to preheat - 180C
• Melt the ingredients together in a large sauce pan on moderate to high heat
• Stir to prevent burning
• When melted take it off the heat immediately
|• 6 eggs, beaten
• 1 1/4 cups self raising flour
• 2/3 cup cocoa
• Mix in the beaten eggs. Combine well
• Mix in the four and cocoa
• Pour into silicone baking trays.
• Bake for 35 minutes
• Test with Cake Tester. The skewer must come out "clean" without any batter on it. If there are bits of batter, it means it is not yet fully cooked, so put the cake back in for a few more minutes
• Take it out of the oven as soon as it is cooked
• Stretch the silicone mold at the edges to release the cake from the sides and to prevent the cake from sticking to the mold
• Let it stand for 10 minutes, then remove it from the mold and cool on a wire rack