The secret to delicious easy cube steak recipes is the cut of the meat. For quickly cooked cubed steak, be sure to use a more expensive cut like rump steak, cut into small chunks about 1 inch cube.
This recipe serves 6 - 8 persons.
Serve with mashed potato and some crunchy greens.
• 2 lb/1 kg cube steak
• 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
• 1/3 cup honey
• 2 tbs soy sauce
• 1 tsp red wine vinegar
• 1 tbs paprika
• salt and pepper to taste
• Optional - 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
Here's how to put it together:
• Into a hot large roomy pan, brown the meat. I use a large non-stick electric fry pan as it's sufficiently roomy.
• Add in all the other ingredients. Fry on high for 5 minutes till well combined
• Cover the pan and cook on moderate heat till the meat is cooked. If it is good quality steak, this should take no more than 15 minutes.
• Optional - to make it a one pot meal, I throw in vegetables like frozen peas right at the end and stir it through. The heat from the meal is sufficient to warm the peas through without overcooking them
Cook cubed steak with a choice of sauces and marinades but with the same methodology as the recipe on this page.
Cube steak recipes are just so easy to prepare as long as you know the guidelines:
For a budget meal use the same recipe, but a less expensive cut
You can achieve the same result with cubed pieces of round steak. This cut of meat is half the cost of rump. Use exactly the same ingredients but instead of pan frying, place all the ingredients (except the frozen peas) into a slow cooker for 4 hours. Add the peas when it is about to be served and stir through to warm them. It really is incredibly easy.
This meal tastes even better if marinaded overnight. Just pop all the ingredients in a zip lock bag and refrigerate overnight. Cook it quickly in a fry pan for dinner.
Non-stick cookware is best
I recommend using only non-stick cook ware so as to reduce the use of cooking oil. We try as best we can to reduce our consumption of fats.
Make It A One-Pot Meal - Just Toss In Veg
To make this a one pot meal, just add vegetables and stir through towards the end, so that it's not over cooked. In my meal, I added frozen peas and stirred it through.