For easy Mexican recipes, the tried and tested Chilli con Carne is always a favorite. What's more this Mexican meal is simple to prepare and inexpensive to boot.
Easy Mexican - Chilli Con Carne
|• 2 lbs/1 kg ground beef or mince beef
• 1 large onion
• 1 clove garlic
• 1 tspn chilli powder
• 1 tbspn cumin powder
• 2 tspn plain flour
• 2 cans diced tomotoes
• 3 tbspn tomato puree
• salt, pepper, 2 tspn sugar
• 2 cans red kidney beans
• Fry onion and garlic till just browned
• Brown mince to seal
• Add flour, cumin and chilli. Combine well. Cook till it thickens a little
• Add tinned tomatoes and puree. Add salt, pepper, sugar to taste. Cook for 15 minutes on moderate heat.
• Lastly add tins of red kidney beans including the liquid. Cook for 10 minutes.
• If it too watery for your liking, add a little more plain flour.