Easy Bread Pudding Recipe
Here's an incredibly easy bread pudding recipe. You literally put the
ingredients in a pot, mix it up, pour it into the casserole dish, pop it
in the oven and that's it!
This bread pudding is extremely YUMMY!
Easy Bread Pudding
This recipe is for a heavy bread pudding and is perfect for cool evenings.
If you'd like a lighter pudding, just use less bread. It'll then be more like custard.
Comforting Delicious Bread Pudding
This recipe makes six generous sized servings.
• 4 eggs beaten
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 3 cups milk
• 1/3 cup plain flour
• 2 cups raisins
• 4 slices stale bread, torn into quarters
Here's how to put it together:
Preheat the oven to 160C/320F.
Mix all the ingredients together, pressing the torn pieces of bread into the egg mixture to fully absorb the liquid
Pour the mixture into a deep casserole dish
Bake in slow oven at 320F/ 160C for 1hour 15 minutes
till the custard sets
Serve piping hot straight out of the oven. You can serve it with cream or ice cream, but we like this pudding just as it is.
Tips From Easy Recipes
- Don't discard the heels of your loaves of bread. Save them to use in this bread pudding recipe
- Day old bread is preferable
- You don't need to waste time cutting and trimming the bread for this
easy recipe. Just roughly tear up bread
- Preheating the oven is important as you want the entire oven cavity to be evenly heated prior to baking
- If you prefer a softer custard, or a less heavy pudding, use 2 slices of bread
- Bread pudding keeps well and is delicious cold the next day.
Isn't this one pot pudding incredibly easy to make and ever so delicious!
This easy pudding is thrown together within minutes and
it'll be ready, fresh out of the oven, by the time dinner is over.
Leave Easy Bread Pudding Recipe to find hundreds of delicious recipes with the homemade touch!