Easy Pumpkin Muffins
Here's a delicious appetizer or savory treat - these easy pumpkin muffins are ideal as an easy appetizer or as tasty snacks for the school lunch box.
Like our recipes in our collection of super easy recipes, these muffins are a "throw it all in the pot" type of recipe.
These appetizer muffins are super simple to do and… it looks divine and tastes superb!
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Hands-Off Time: 35 minutes
Steps: 1 then bake
Ingredients for a Tasty Savory Snack - Easy Pumpkin Muffins
- Equipment: 2 x Silicone Muffin Trays
- Vegetable oil
- Plain Flour
- Pumpkin, puree
- Salt and pepper
- Cumin seeds
- Spring onions
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated
If you're using fresh pumpkin, cook the fruit now. Trim, remove seeds and stew chunks of pumpkin in salted water. Drain thoroughly and puree with a potato masher..
1 Step To Make These Tasty Easy Pumpkin Muffins
Preparation: Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
Put all the ingredients in a roomy mixing bowl, except the spring onions and Parmesan cheese. As you can see in the photo, I use a large saucepan.
Initially, it will look like a dry mess and difficult to combine, like in the photo, but keep stirring.
See how the mixture is now a thick smooth batter..
Stir in the diced spring onions.
Spoon the batter into the muffin trays.
Top each with a teaspoon of finely grated Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 35 minutes till golden brown.
These Muffins Go Perfectly With...
We enjoyed these delicious savory muffins as an appetizer before a sit down luncheon for 14. This was just one of a few easy appetizer recipes I made the day before our visitors arrived. You must try this - a super easy appetizer - Pumpkin Tapenade.
Makes 12 muffins
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 1 1/4 cup cooked pumpkin, pureed
• 1 cup plain flour
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1/2 cup cream
• 1 ts cumin seeds
• salt and pepper to taste
• 3/4 cup diced spring onions
• 12 ts Parmesan cheese, finely grated
• Preheat oven to 360F/180C
• If you're cooking fresh pumpkin for the muffins, trim and de-seed the pumpkin. Cut into chunks
• Boil the pumpkin in salted water till very tender. Drain well then mash. You could use a hand held blender to puree the fruit, but I use a potato masher for this small quantity
• Tip all the ingredients in a roomy mixing bowl except the spring onions and Parmesan cheese
• Combine well. The batter will look dry and will be hard to mix at the start (just like in the photo) but it will soon become a lovely smooth batter
• Toss in the diced spring onions and stir in
• Spoon the batter into muffin trays
• Top each muffin with a teaspoon of finely grated Parmesan cheese
• Bake for 35 minutes. The muffins are cooked when an inserted fine skewer or cake tester comes out clean.
These easy muffins make an ideal appetizer and are suitable as a tasty snack for the lunch box or to have after school.
Make double the quantity as the muffins freeze well and make a tasty standby when you need to provide snacks in a hurry.
Use flexible silicone muffin trays. It saves you the trouble of greasing and lining baking pans and it's easy to pop the cooked muffin out of the flexible mold.
When the muffin tray is freshly out of the oven, just pull the sides of the mold lightly to release the muffins from the walls of the mold, or use a butter knife to run around the edge, separating the muffin from the mold.
Rice bran oil is a high temperature oil and suitable for baked goods.
Leave Easy Pumpkin Muffins to explore loads of ideas for scrumptious easy pumpkin recipes.