Easy Pumpkin Bread
Here's a quick and easy pumpkin bread from our collection of easy recipes. This tasty loaf is a no-yeast quick loaf and includes oats.
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Hands-Off Time: 50 minutes
Steps: 1 step then bake
Yes, you've read right - just one step - it's a one pot, throw it all in the mixing bowl type of recipe.
Ingredients for A Quick n' Easy Pumpkin Bread
- Equipment: Silicone loaf "tin"
- Self raising flour
- Bicarbonate of soda
- Pumpkin, pureed
- Brown sugar
- Lime Juice
- Good quality vegetable oil
Easy Pumpkin Bread
Step 1 - Throw it all in the pot
Tip the flour and oats into the roomy mixing bowl. I use a large saucepan, myself.
Here's the pumpkin, pureed lightly.
Toss in all the remaining ingredients.
The mix will seem lumpy and hard to mix at the start, but the moisture from the oil, milk and eggs will blend into the dry ingredients and it will soon turn into a thick mixture, without any lumps, like in this photo.
Pour the bread batter into the loaf "tin".
Bake for 50 minutes till golden brown.
Insert a fine skewer or cake tester and when it comes out clean, that's when you know it is fully cooked.
This delicious pumpkin bread is a heavy loaf.
Slice thickly and enjoy this quick pumpkin bread with lashings of butter!
This Bread Goes Perfectly With...
Enjoy this easy specialty bread for lunch with a wonderful chicken salad
This recipe makes 1 loaf of 10 thick slices
• 1/2 cup quick oats
• 1/ 3/4 self raising flour
• 2 ts bicarbonate of soda
• 1/4 ts salt
• 1 1/2 cups pumpkin, pureed
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1 ts lime juice
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 3 tbs vegetable oil
• 1/2 ts cinnamon
• Preheat oven to 350F/ 180C
• Place the dry ingredients in a roomy mixing bowl. I use a large saucepan
• Add all the remaining ingredients
• Combine well. It will turn from thick dry mass to a smooth slurry. Really.
• Just keep stirring and the liquids will blend the flour and oats. Have a look at the photo - it's all thick and no longer lumpy
• Pour the batter into the loaf "tin".
• Bake for 50 minutes till golden brown
• Test with a fine skewer or cake tester to check that the bread is well cooked. It's finished baking when the skewer comes out clean
Now wasn't this a super easy bread? Like our other easy recipes, you'll find this loaf so very tasty and healthy, yet it does not take much effort at all.
Enjoy this delicious bread with lashings of butter.
This is so easy, there's no need to use equipment such as a cake mixer or even a blender.
Add walnuts or pecan nuts if you so desire.
Leave Easy Pumpkin Bread and discover loads of incredibly easy recipes for delicious one pot meals you can whip up.