This easy banana bread recipe is a delight to make, not just because it is so simple to prepare, but it turns out a nice, moist loaf that is not overly sweet.
No Yeast Easy Banana Bread
This healthy recipe makes a generous sized loaf of banana bread.
It's delicious served warm, spread with butter.
• 1/2 block/ 4 0z/125gm butter
• 1 cup dark brown sugar
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 2 bananas, mashed
• 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
This is the simple one-pot process:
• Preheat oven to 350F/180C
• Melt butter on moderately low heat. Add sugar and combine
• Take it off the heat as soon as the butter has melted. Keep stirring till the mixture becomes thick and well combined
• Add beaten eggs, combine well
• Mash the bananas with a fork until it is no longer lumpy. Add a tablespoon of orange juice if required, to help it mash
• Add mashed bananas to the batter, combine well
• Fold in flour
• Pour into a non-stick loaf tin
• Bake for 45 minutes till the loaf is deliciously golden brown
Melt butter in a saucepan.
Stir in brown sugar.
Mash the bananas.
Then add to the melted mixture in the pot.
Gently fold in the flour till it's no longer lumpy but don't over stir.
See... that's it!
Now you pour the batter into a loaf tin, ideally silicone and non-stick and bake for 45 minutes.
This banana bread is suitable for freezing and is still moist and delicious when thawed.
Being an easy recipe, it is also suitable for older children to make, but please supervise them, as it they'll need to gently melt the butter. It may be best you do this step for them, and please take great care when placing the filled baking tin into the hot oven.
This easy banana bread is so simple, it's in our collection of easy healthy recipes. Everyone can make this tasty, moist banana bread and it can't go wrong.
Use non-stick bake ware to eliminate the step of greasing and lining the mold. It also means you're consuming less fat.
If not, please line the tin with greased baking paper. Prepare the tin at the beginning of the process.
Use ripe bananas. They have a richer, fuller flavour and are easier to mash.
Home > Easy Baking > Easy Banana Bread Recipe