How To Cook Bacon
MicroWave Cooking Takes 2 Minutes
Learn how to cook bacon
Microwave cooking turns out a nice crispy result but the exploding spattering fat makes a horrible mess in the microwave oven. The process takes all of 2 and a half minutes! No time at all!
...and is an ideal way of cooking bacon quickly when you need to add it to soups or tasty bread recipes. It's a quick way of jazzing up easy recipes.
Rating: Very Easy
Hands-Off Time: 2 minutes 30 seconds.
Cook Bacon In The Microwave
Step By Step Photo Tutorial
- Lay paper towels or kitchen paper onto a ceramic plate
- Place the rashers on the paper so they do not overlap
- Using another sheet of kitchen paper, cover the bacon rashers completely.
- Take care it is completely covered. Bacon fat splatters and explodes while cooking in the microwave and the paper towel absorbs all that spluttering fat.
- Cook on high for 2 minutes 30 seconds
- Remove the top paper towel and there you are, perfectly cooked bacon
- Use this short cut easy method to cook bacon quickly when you're making recipes that require the addition of this tasty ingredient.
Tips From Easy Recipes
- Because this smoked meat is fatty, we only ever use rashers that are trimmed of excess fat. We avoid streaky bacon as it really is mostly fat
- To work quickly with bacon, use kitchen scissors to trim fat or to cut it quickly into smaller pieces. It is much faster than trimming with a knife. A sturdy pair of scissors makes work easy in the kitchen.
- It is much cheaper to purchase rashers in bulk. Separate them into meal sized portions and freeze. Do this once and it makes cooking later easy.
- Cook some straight way either in the microwave oven or fry pan, then freeze the surplus. This comes in handy when you need to add cooked bacon to recipes
- It quickly adds depth of flavor to soups, pies and quiches so it is handy to have some pre-cooked frozen rashers in the freezer
Check out these easy recipes: