Here's a super easy NO-BAKE pumpkin cheesecake recipe. I made this cheesecake with half the usual quantity of cheesecake ingredients, as a way of controlling calorie consumption.
We had this for dessert and it looks divine and tastes superb!
• Equipment: A shallow non-stick removable flan pan
• 3 oz/100 gm graham cracker biscuits or shredded wheat biscuits
• 6 oz/180 gm butter
• 7 oz/ 200 ml sweetened condensed milk
• 2 cups pureed pumpkin - that's from 1 pound/ 500 grams fresh pumpkin boiled in 2 tbs sugared water
• 4 oz/125 gm cream cheese
• 1 tbs lime juice
• cinnamon and nutmeg
Make the biscuit crumb crust
• To make the biscuit crumb crust, place the crackers into a clean plastic bag. I use a medium sized freezer bag.
• Knot the bag loosely after expelling as much air as you can from the bag. Be sure the bag has lots of room.
• Use the base of a heavy saucepan to crush the bag of biscuits.
• Move the biscuits around in the bag, and continue to crush till it becomes a fine ground crust. With graham cracker or shredded wheat biscuits this will not take long.
• Melt the butter in a saucepan.
• Tip in the fine biscuits crumbs all at once.
• Combine well so that all the crumbs are coated in melted butter.
• Spoon the mixture into the non-stick removable flan pan.
• Press the biscuit mixture into the base and walls of the pan. Press firmly so that the crumb crust is firmly packed.
• Leave this in the freezer to set while you prepare the next steps of this recipe.
Prepare the pumpkin
• The fresh pumpkin must have the outer skin and seeds removed. Wash it then cut into large chunks.
• Boil in a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of sugar and enough water so that it does not boil dry. The amount of water depends on the variety of pumpkin but as an estimate, start with a water level covering 3/4 of the fruit. But keep a watch so that you add more water if it is about to boil dry.
• Boil till the pumpkin is very soft.
• Drain off all the excess water.
• Puree the pumpkin. Use a blender, but because there's just so little of this, the potato masher works just as well.
Make the cheesecake filling
• Pour the condensed milk into a roomy bowl.
• Add 2 cups of pureed pumpkin, the cream cheese, spices and lime juice
• Combine well till lovely and smooth.
Fill the crumb crust
• Take the crumb crust out of the freezer. You'll find it will have set quite firmly.
• Spoon into the crumb crust the cheesecake filling
• Return it to the refrigerator and chill for 4 hours.