Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Yummmm! This pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe makes sensational cookies. This recipe is another from our collection of easy recipes that turns out tasty, more-ish yummies with very minimal effort.
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Hands-Off Time: 45 minutes
Steps: 3 then bake
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
For this cookie recipe, you will require:
- Equipment: Non Stick Cookie Sheets, or lined and greased baking trays
- Brown sugar
- Pumpkin puree
- All purpose flour
- Bicarbonate of soda
- Chocolate chips
3 Steps - Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Preheat the oven to 375F/190C
Step 1: Cookie Dough
Melt butter in a saucepan with the brown sugar.
Take care to take the pan off the heat as soon as the butter's melted to avoid burning the mixture.
The mixture will turn into a thick smooth caramel sauce, just like in this picture.
Add the beaten egg and mix till it is well blended in.
Toss in the remainder of the ingredients, but only HALF of the chocolate chips.
Toss in the pumpkin puree into the mixture.
Toss in HALF only of the chocolate chips.
The cookie dough will be dry and floury to start with, but as you combine it soon become a homogenous doughy batter.
Step 1: Refrigerate
Place it in the refrigerator for at least half an hour to cool. The objective it to cool the dough so that when the remainder of the choc chips are added, they won't melt. We want the chips to retain their shape as we are, afterall, making chocolate chip cookies.
Step 3: Bake
When cool, scoop a portion of cookie dough with a teaspoon and place a neat round onto the cookie sheet.
Allow about 3/4 inch expansion space between the cookies.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Fresh out of the oven - Don't they look sensational!
These Go Perfectly With...
While the oven's on, and using similar ingredients, bake what I consider to be the best ever brownies
. This recipe makes delicious thick fudge like brownies.
This easy recipe makes 72 tasty morsels.
• 2 1/2 cups plain flour
• 1 ts bicarbonate of soda
• 1/2 ts cinnamon
• 4 oz oz/125 gm but
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
• 1 cup chocolate chips
• Preheat oven to 375F/190C
• Melt butter and sugar in a saucepan and combine until it becomes thick and smooth like a caramel sauce. Remove it from the heat as soon as the butter has melted but continue to combine with a wooden spoon.
• Add the beaten egg and stir in to combine well
• Add the rest of the ingredients and only 1/2 of the choc chips. The mixture will look dry and floury initially but keep stirring and it will become a dough like batter with the choc chips melted into the warm batter
• Put in the refrigerator to cool down for about 1/2 hour. The dough needs to be cooled so as not to melt the remainder of the chocolate, these after all, are to be chocolate chip cookies
• When cool, scatter in the remainder of the chocolate
• Spoon a teaspoon size of cookie dough onto a non-stick cookie sheet or lined baking tray. Allow expansion space of about 3/4 inch between the cookies
• Bake for 15 - 20 minutes
Don't they look sensational! Store them in an air tight container once cooled.
If you'd like them harder in texture, just bake them for a little longer.
Be sure to purchase the type of chocolate chip that will hold its shape while baking.
For easy baking recipes, I recommend non-stick cookie sheets, so as to save time in greasing and lining baking tins.
For this recipe, you will require pumpkin puree. Either use a canned product or if you'd like to learn how to make pumpkin puree
, just click to take you to the tutorial. Be certain to stew the pumpkin in sugared water.
Generally, the proportions are 1 pound/500 grams of fresh uncooked fruit to produce 1 cup of puree.
It is important that the stewed fruit is drained well or your pumpkin cookies will be soggy.
For a variation, use stewed pieces of pumpkin rather than puree so as to have the contrast in colors.
Leave Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe to discover hundreds of delicious easy recipes your family will just love!