Don't know how to use quinoa grain? It's not just a super food, it's easy to cook and makes sensational salads and sides. Let's learn to make this beautiful salad.
|Just Add||Part 1: Cook Quinoa|
|• 1 cup quinoa
• 2 cups water
• 2 ts vegetable stock powder
• Firstly, place the grain in a medium sized sauce pan and rinse them in lots of running water. You'll notice lots of bubbles at the start and by the third rinse, the rinse water runs clear. Friends tell me this is the washing away of enzymes that would otherwise cause bloating
• Add 2 cups of water
• Stir in the stock powder
• Bring to a rapid boil then turn the heat down immediately to the lowest setting
• Allow to simmer till all the water is absorbed
• After turning the heat off, leave the lid covered for a further 5 to 10 minutes.
• Fluff with a fork and the delicious quinoa is ready to serve.
|Just Add||Part 2: Arrange the salad|
|• 1 cup roasted pumpkin pieces
• 8 slices of tinned beetroot
• 16 stems of flat leaf parsley
• 1 cup of freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
To make one serve:
• Arrange 1/4 of cooked quinoa on the dinner plate and shape into a patty
• Layer with 1/4 of pumpkin
• Layer with 2 slices of beetroot
• Garnish attractively with the parsley leaves
• Top with freshly shaved Parmesan
• Repeat to make 4 layered salads, directly on the dinner plates