For a serving for 4 persons, you'll need:
- 4 joints chicken maryland, jointed, that is the thigh and drumstick portions separated
- 1 heaped ts garlic granules
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 heaped ts ground cumin
- 1 heaped tb dried oregano
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 heaped tb tomato puree
- 1 tb red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 c water
- 3 stock cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
To put this recipie together:
- In a large roomy saucepot ( I use my 6 quart pot) cook the chicken meat, and herbs for a few minutes then throw in the onions. Fry together for a further 5 mins till the onions are softened.
- Then add the remainder of the ingredients (except the peas). Give the mixture a good stir to combine.
- Cover with the pot's lid and leave for 10 mins to cook on high. If the meat is not too thick, the chicken will be cooked in this time.
- Just before serving, stir through the peas.
- Optional - if you have some greek yoghurt, add a dollop just before serving. It does add depth to the flavor.