How To Cook Lasagne
In 20 Minutes!
We'll show you how to cook lasagne in a skillet and you can get this done in 20 minutes! OK, it's not the traditional layered lasagne with white sauce, but our short cut "fake it" lasagne is really yummy and has the delicious mouth feel you can only enjoy from lasagne.
Hands-On Time: 10 mins
Hands-Off Time: 10 mins
How To Cook Lasagna The Short Cut Method
You'll need for a 3 - 4 person serve
- 1/2 pound/ 250 gm chicken mince
- a little oil
- 1 ts garlic granules
- 1 stock cube
- 2 ts sugar
- salt pepper
- can of crushed tomatoes
- 6 uncooked lasagne sheets
- 1 1/2 c water
- 1 1/2 c frozen peas
- 2 c shredded tasty cheese
You'll need for this recipe a large skillet with a lid.
- Heat a little oil in the skillet. Add garlic granules and meat. Fry till the chicken mince is cooked. Add stock cube and seasoning. It takes about 3 minutes
- Toss in the can of tomatoes and water. Stir a little to even out the mixture
- Break the lasagne sheets into the sauce. Break at least into quarter sizes, better if smaller
- Stir so that the lasagne is well combined and mixed into the liquid. There's no need to be genteel about this
- Cover, turn the heat down to medium high so that it still continues to bubble but won't burn. Leave covered for about 12 minutes
- At the last five minutes, stir in the frozen peas
- Then spread the cheese evenly over the top. Replace the cover and leave to cook for 5 mins.
That's it! Serve immediately with crunchy garlic bread and a fresh green salad.
Click on the buttons to find more how to cook lasagna easy recipes.
Step By Step Photo Tutorial
How To Cook Lasagne In 20 Mins
Tips From Easy Recipes
- It's okay to substitute with ground beef or turkey mince, but it just takes about 5 minutes longer to cook. Chicken mince does cook faster
- Be sure you have garlic granules in your pantry - you get them from the supermarket and with this, it is so easy to add flavor to your recipes without the hassle and bother of crushing or mincing fresh garlic
- For this easy recipe, to cook lasagna the short cut way, there's no neat layering of lasagna sheets so hoe in and give the sauce a good stir.
- This is not a good recipe to proportionately increase ingredients as we're limited by the size of the skillet. Any more liquid or ingredients and you'll have to manage spills.
- The cheese topping hardens up as it cools
- To make it more traditional, cook lasagna with more rather than less lasagna sheets
More Easy Lasagne Recipes