Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids
|• 1/2 can mixed beans, drained
• 1/2 cup of diced roast chicken meat or smoked chicken or diced sandwich chicken slices
• 4 large lettuce leaves ( any lettuce, the most common is iceberg lettuce), washed and dried
• 1 tomato, sliced
• Wash all the vegetables and allow to dry
• Break up the lettuce leaves into bite sized pieces
• Slice tomatoes, dice capsicum
• Toss vegetables into a salad bowl
• Dice chicken meat into small squares, toss in with salad
• Drain can of mixed beans. Use 1/2 the contents and add to salad bowl dr
• Season with a pinch of salt and a dash of pepper. Combine gently with salad serves.
Now, how easy was that!
This makes an easy, tasty meal the children can prepare.
Enjoy with crusty bread.
As a spread, use low fat cream cheese such as Philadelphia Cheese.
Roast chicken or smoked chicken is best as there is lots of flavor in the meat. Don't use boiled chicken meat as there is not much taste in this meat.
If the children prefer a dressing, make one in a jar with:
white wine vinegar
good quality olive oil - equal proportion to vinegar
salt and pepper
Wasn't that just the easiest of healthy recipes for kids? It has protein from the chicken and beans, carbohydrates from the beans and bread and natural vitamins and minerals from the fresh uncooked vegetables.
For more fun easy recipes for kids:
Fruit in Jello
Make Cheese Toast In A Toaster
Healthy n Easy Sandwich Fillings
Easy No-Cook Chicken n Bean Salad
For more Quick Easy Recipes:
Top of Page Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids
Tasty No-Cook Chicken n Bean Salad