Cut bananas into 1 inch or 2.5 cm slices.
Trim rind and fat off bacon.
Wrap the bacon around the banana.
Fix with toothpick.
Make several and place on the grill tray.
Grill till bacon is crisp.
Serve these yummy bacon n banana bites hot.
This easy kid recipe is a simple one for kids to manage. But they do need to be old enough to safely use the grill.
The younger children could cut up the bananas and the older ones can manage the grill.
Here's a variation to Bacon Banana Bites.
Ham n Fruit Bites
- Substitute bacon with sliced ham. This will be easier for the little ones to handle. The ham slices should be cut in half, so that it is rectangular.
- Wrap the ham around a piece of fruit.
You could replace the piece of banana with quartered tinned apricots. I've found using tinned apricots preferable to dried apricots as the latter is overly sweet and has a tougher texture.
- Skewer with a toothpick to keep the ham in place. With this variation, there is no need to grill the ham n fruit bite.
These will make lovely little bites and suits littler ones as it does not involve using the grill.
For more easy kids recipes:
Wishing you happy cooking!
Easy Recipes For Families
For more Quick Easy Recipes:
Top of Page Easy Kid Recipe
Bacon n Banana Bites
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.