Easy Christmas Recipes
to Make The Day Relaxing For You Too!
Here are the easy Christmas recipes I and my family make. We share the work around so that a feast is created with the least amount of work.
Tips For Christmas Entertaining
The secret to easy entertaining at Christmas is:
- make most of the party food well ahead of the big day
- set the table for the feast a couple of days before hand. I know what it's like and it takes time to get out, wash and prepare the formal or party occassion crockery, flatware, beautiful glassware, napkins, platters, the wine and so forth
- Prepare early so that you have a chance to get to the shops before it all shuts down for the holidays.
- Make your Christmas cake weeks ahead. All you have to do is serve it with cream or ice cream
- Use make ahead recipes your dips and salsas
- Make the Christmas cookies a couple of days in advance and store in an airtight container
- Prepare all the vegetables the day before - rinsed, trimmed, sliced so that it's all ready to go on before your guests arrive
- Soups should be made and ready on Christmas Eve
- The roast should be marinaded and in the oven a couple of hours before Christmas lunch
- Buy and arrange the flowers on Christmas Eve
- Be sure to have stocked up on wine, beer and drinks. Do a stock take latest Christmas Eve while the liquor store is still open for trade.
- Have you found the Christmas CD or downloaded the music? Delegate this!
- Of course, you will have decorated your home a week before
- ...and don't forget to gift wrap the pressies and be sure to always have a couple of spare generic gifts
So, all you have to do, on Christmas Day is arrange the food on beautiful platters, greet your guests and relax!
Easy Recipes | Party Food | Easy Christmas Recipes